Re: Wednesday night CW Nets

n4mj

Karen, thanks for the QNI last night.  As for protocol...well, Johnny has a better grip on that than do I.  Last night I did not hear anyone calling or picking up the net so I grabbed it and ran.with it.

The 4S net is what I consider a "comfortable" net, ie no ridged format.  Usually only a handful of check-ins; those providing RST and maybe a bit more from time to time.  I see it as a place/time to practice CW, follow minimum protocol, and a  place to acknowledge regular and new check-ins.  COMFORTABLE being a key word. hi hi

If you're looking for protocol try the Tennessee State CW Net.3.562 Mhz, 1900 local M-S. It is a NTS net with protocol.   For more info on Tennessee nets:  Home (tnarrl.org)

Again thanks for the QNI last evening...and I wonder if you were using the new IC-705???

73 de n4mj//glenn

  Thank you!

On Thursday, April 29, 2021, 01:40:38 PM CDT, AG4CC <telegraph@...> wrote:

Is there a protocol for the net? I have not figured it out.
thanks
73
Karen AG4CC