Re: Use of a small amp to boost the 5 W Paraset output

griffithsesq.robert

Roger that. One of my first QSOs with my first Green Panel Bayou Jumper was with a station in Normandy, France, commemorating D-Day, the 6th of June. That daylight QSO was on 7.030 MHz using a bent and shortened 80/40 Dipole in my attic. The antenna is more important than adding an additional 5 or more Watts. However, do use a tuner in between the BJ and the antenna if the antenna is not resonant. Try it and have fun. 73. Griff NE3I

Robert Alan Griffiths

On May 1, 2021, at 7:44 PM, John - KK4ITX via groups.io <jleahy00@...> wrote:

All I use with my 5w rigs is an enfed.  Cost is under $20 , easy to set up and use.  Got France from Florida with one a few months ago and only need WY for WAS.

Good luck with the BJ, just finished building mine yesterday, now need some power and run it through the paces.

GL, see you on the air.

John
KK4ITX

🙃Each mistake is a learning opportunity.🙂

On May 1, 2021, at 5:12 PM, N7RKC, Mike via groups.io <emwizo@...> wrote:

Are there any rules governing the use of a 10W booster amp to compensate for the lack of a decent antenna with a Paraset. ???
Thanks //Michael T. - N7RKC