Re: Morse Code wins again

Tom Sevart

On 5/2/2021 19:48, Ted via groups.io wrote:
More like DTMF.  This is quickly becoming an urban legend.
That's what I said on the QRZ.com forums thread. I seriously doubt that any security keypad was using Morse code. I don't doubt the elderly couple may have had a history of using Morse code in the military, possibly giving them the ability to listen to the keypad with a lot of surrounding noise, but they most likely weren't sitting there copying Morse code but listening for the proper DTMF tones.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS