Re: Use of a small amp to boost the 5 W Paraset output

John - KK4ITX

Hi Robert,

I have several antennas that I use while operating portable with my FT-818 or other rigs.  Lately I have been using a QRP Guys EF see attached pic, this is the one I will use on the BJ, no tuner will be required. Once the wire has been cut to tune for 7040 I will then fold the wire back on itself and mark the match spot for around 7115.  That should put me in the center of the two working areas.

I have built several 9:1 UnUn’s and use one at my QTH but it needs a tuner.

I have just finished the BJ, tested it and all seems OK.  Having 1000’s of feet of wire it’s odd that I don’t have a foot of 18-20 ga red & black wire for the power plug and can’t find any locally !

Hope to catch you on the air soon,

John
KK4ITX

image1.png

Visit:  www.zaarc.org.   👁

On May 4, 2021, at 06:58, griffithsesq.robert via groups.io <signalnaut@...> wrote:

John, KK4ITX, do you direct feed the the end fed or use a tuner in between it and the BJ? What is its length? Does it incorporate any Balun or Unun on the Transceiver end. Do you use any counterpoise with it? Thanks. Griff NE3I

Robert Alan Griffiths
On May 1, 2021, at 7:44 PM, John - KK4ITX via groups.io <jleahy00@...> wrote:

All I use with my 5w rigs is an enfed.  Cost is under $20 , easy to set up and use.  Got France from Florida with one a few months ago and only need WY for WAS.

Good luck with the BJ, just finished building mine yesterday, now need some power and run it through the paces.

GL, see you on the air.

John
KK4ITX