Re: Use of a small amp to boost the 5 W Paraset output

N7RKC, Mike

It  was just a question about getting a bit more signal out.
Attached is my Blue panel set with self contained battery pack & home brew antenna tuner.  Provides Coax & balanced output.
After tuner loss it puts out 3.98W (Measured) into a trap Dipole hung into nearby trees.
I am rethinking the tuner design for one with lower loss & possibly trying a ground wire counterpoise
Haven't had a great deal of success with LD contacts so far.
Thought a bit of extra power into the antenna could make the difference.
KBO.
Regards, Michael T.