Re: Use of a small amp to boost the 5 W Paraset output

Ariel Jacala

I have been activating summits (now 144) with a QRP radio for the past three years and 5 watts (CW) have been plenty - albeit with dedicated chasers. The ones who need more power are SSB ops. I have been using end fed half waves almost exclusively. You can find some here - ny4gefhw.com. Footprint on 40m is between 200-800 miles with these antennas and a tuner is not needed and neither is a counterpoise needed.

Ariel NY4G

On May 4, 2021, at 10:21, griffithsesq.robert via groups.io <signalnaut=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

´╗┐Thanks John and Bob for helpful Antenna information. 73. Griff NE3I

Robert Alan Griffiths