Re: Morse Code wins again

davemrtn

I agree with you 100% about today's journalist.

They are just like the big guy (that I will leave unnamed), they just read the prompter and have no idea what they are talking about.

At least Morse Code got a mention in the media and some other miss-informed person might say " Hey, I ought to learn Morse Code ! ".

Wherever I go, there He is.

On 5/3/2021 6:52 PM, n4mj via groups.io wrote:
then, maybe he just got lucky. lol or HI  My first thoughts after reading about this in the news was - does the writer (so called journalist) even know what Morse code is?  My opinion of journalists these days isn't very good.
n4mj

  Thank you!

On Monday, May 3, 2021, 06:47:02 PM CDT, Tom Sevart <tmsevart@...> wrote:

On 5/2/2021 19:48, Ted via groups.io wrote:
> More like DTMF.  This is quickly becoming an urban legend.

That's what I said on the QRZ.com forums thread.  I seriously doubt that
any security keypad was using Morse code.  I don't doubt the elderly
couple may have had a history of using Morse code in the military,
possibly giving them the ability to listen to the keypad with a lot of
surrounding noise, but they most likely weren't sitting there copying
Morse code but listening for the proper DTMF tones.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS