Re: Morse Code wins again

kb4qqj

I'm betting it was DTMF tones memorized. Not Morse Code.  I recall playing Balled of the Green Beret and Jingle Bells on the phones when touch tone first came out.  ;-)

Randy_KB4QQJ

On 5/3/2021 12:49 AM, davemrtn wrote:

Yes, a few head scratchers in that article.

Wherever I go, there He is.

On 5/2/2021 10:41 PM, n4mj via groups.io wrote:
Read that early this morning.  At least it got "Morse code" in the news.  Guessing he memorized tones as the lock was used. I am curious how he was allowed time, unauthorized time, to play with the key pad and figure out the actual code.  All this presumes the lock/keys emitted tones during operation.

Also, wondering why he was in the place if he had that much cognitive ability.

73 de n4mj

  Thank you!

On Sunday, May 2, 2021, 07:48:53 PM CDT, Ted via groups.io <k3rta@...> wrote:

More like DTMF.  This is quickly becoming an urban legend.

On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 20:37, davemrtn

https://www.foxnews.com/us/couple-escape-tennessee-assisted-living-morse-code

View the story in the link provided.....

Wherever I go, there He is.