3D Printed SO-239 & 8 Pin Kenwood style Mic Jack Cover

Jim Sheldon

For those who operate 99.9 percent CW and don't even keep a microphone connected to their rig and whose rigs use the Kenwood style 8 pin microphone connector (I think it fits the 4 pin type as well but don't have one here to test it), I found a really nice looking SO-239 cover design for 3D printing on Thingiverse.com. https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4854560

It just so happens to fit the threads on the 8 pin microphone jack used on my Elecraft K3, and many other radios.  I believe it may also fit the 4 pin connectors as well as they seem to have the same outer threads which match those of a PL-259 coax connector shell.  With the proliferation of 3D printers in many ham workshops these days, if you don't have one, it should be relatively easy to find someone who has.

Jim Sheldon, W0EB