If an Arduino is part of the system, it won't be anything you'd have to be concerned with.  It's like the microcontrollers in modern radios (or refrigerators, microwaves, washers, dryers,etc).  They are there to provide functionality and no programming or other computer skills are necessary to use them.  In fact, the original HF Test Set has a microprocessor in it.  No programming (by the user) was required.  Hope this puts your mind at ease.

72,
John, AA0VE

On 5/26/21 4:03 AM, N5SE wrote:
Hello all,
Just want to drop my two cents worth in.  A sweep generator and small screen oscilloscope would be wonderful. If the ardunio control is included, please make it optional so the non-ardunio ham could still use it.
72
Billy N5SE
-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] 4SQRP HF Test Set
From: "Johnny AC0BQ" <jomatlock@...>
Date: Tue, May 25, 2021 10:20 pm
To: main@4sqrp.groups.io

Hello David.
I own a original one that I use.

I have some wishes.

A rotary selector switch to choose the options, so one set of probes.

A case with the display mounted in it.

Possibly a RF signal generator, this may be asking a lot?

Possibly ardunio control instead of a rotary switch, using a encoder and menu,  hmm getting fancy now??
72
Johnny

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 10:14 PM davemrtn <davemrtn@...> wrote:
If current 'proud' owners of a HF Test Set were ask, I wonder what (if any) additions or changes would be on there wish list ??

Wherever I go, there He is.

On 5/25/2021 9:56 PM, Johnny AC0BQ wrote:
Ok Bill
From thinking stage to kit sales could easily be 6 months!!
Takes a lot of planning to put out a kit.
72

On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 9:55 PM William Fogel <wefogel@...> wrote:
Music to my ears, Johnny.  Let me know when and the order will be placed.

73 de Bill
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com