QRP Field Day

random.path

I spent about 6 hours in the field near Tulsa with the KX3 feeding a jumper dipole and logging 24 contacts in 18 sections. Sat in my wife's "Soccer Mom" folding chair with the KX3 in my lap, using the attached paddle - back to the wind, which was substantial but kept me from getting too hot. I logged using the HamLog Ipad app with the field day template.

 Seemed that about 35-40% of stations I heard were able to hear me - not bad running 5 watts with things as busy as they were. Most contacts were on 20m, the rest on 15m.

Chip
AE5KA