Re: Mobile and home antenna?

David Wilcox K8WPE

And don’t forget the old HOA/mobile trick, a mobile antenna on your car parked in the driveway.  It’s portable and I have never heard of a HOA rule against it. A screwdriver antenna on a car rear bumper or even a triple magmount works well. The larger the car the bigger the ground plane or run a wire from the frame and unroll it out of the trunk to whatever length you need. This works in National or State parks where you can’t use a tree or put a stake in the ground. You can even run a control wire along with the coax to your operating position (garage or lenai).

Dave K8WPE
David J. Wilcox’s iPad

On Jun 12, 2021, at 4:03 PM, Mlike McEwen <michael.t.mcewen@...> wrote:

Due to some medical issues, a new residence with HOA limits, and obtaining an RV, my operating options have changed. "Simplify" is the key concept.  Having used various wire, beam, and verticals over the years, I have a decent experience base.  Now I think I am ready for mobile (vertical?) that I can move from home to RV as needed.

I understand the limits but I am not a contester or DX seeker...I am casual "ham."

What are some suggestions for a 20/40 that might do the trick and not be hard to move back and forth? The moving would only be two or three times a month.

73, Doc K5OSA