Re: Mobile and home antenna?

Rick

We used the MFJ 1984mp end-fed half-wave antenna for field day 2 years ago and I was pretty impressed. Nothing beats wire in the air!
It was hung up high on the side of an RV, went to a 20" telescoping pole in the middle and about 15' high at the far end. It tuned up great on all the HF bands except 30 meters. About 15' of coax to the radio.
Its not one of those "fancy super duper pack-up miracle" antennas, but at 80 bucks a piece you could leave the one up at home and have another stashed in the RV.