Re: Delta Mike Romeo Net

Roger-N0RSR

Jeff does a fine job of putting out the DMR options. I'd also suggest Droid Star for android devices and the DVMega DVstick30 for windows devices.

Both options give you the ability to go digital without the need for a radio.

-Roger
N0RSR

On Fri, Jul 2, 2021, 4:45 AM Jeff Logullo N0̸MII <jeff@...> wrote:
If you live in range of a DMR repeater that allows access to “user activated” Brandmeister talk groups, then a DMR radio is all you need. If not, then you can also use a “hot spot” which you can think of as your link to the DMR system. The hot spot uses a WiFi link to the Internet to connect you to the DMR system… in the same way that repeaters are linked.

So: a DMR radio, plus either a DMR repeater in range, or your own hot spot, and you’ve got what you need.

This site is a great introduction… and the site has a lot of details to help you get started if you take the plunge:

Also see the web page of the Nixa ARC:

Look for links to a preso by Chuck Kraly K0XM.

And finally, you will need some patience, and a sense of humor. Both really help as you’re getting started with DMR — trust me :-)

One last note: 4SQRP has a groups.io subgroup. If you want to discuss further or need help getting started, this is the place to be!

72,
Jeff N0̸MII

On Jul 1, 2021, at 11:06 PM, wb6ogd <garywinblad@...> wrote:

Yeah, sort of.
I admit, I am an old codger, I had no idea
what you guys were talking about either.
But, always interested in learning, I have
been googling.
How about a 20 thousand  foot overview
for us dummies?
It looks like you can buy a $50 handy talkie,
log into a local repeater and digitally
connect to your net… or do you just get
connected via the web?
73,