Re: Coil forms, Q, and instruments

Jim Sheldon

Dave,
Suggest you check again, Fusion 360 is still free for personal/non commercial use.  I have been using F360 for 3 years now, legally licensed for personal use and have not had to pay a penny for it.

Jim, W0EB

On Jul 23, 2021, at 4:37 PM, davemrtn <davemrtn@...> wrote:

FreeCad is not as intuitive as AutoDesk Fusion 360, but I am unwilling to pay their exorbitant price for hobby use.

I have been designing things with FreeCad [on and off] for several months and becoming more comfortable using, not proficient, but very comfortable.

It does have a few quirks (bugs) you will discover along the way but nothing you won't find a work around for.

It is a bargain at 2 or 3 times the price !

David Martin - NA1MH - Mountain Home, Ar. -----------------------------------------
Wherever I go, there He is.

On 7/23/2021 1:42 PM, WA4EFS wrote:
Hello Jim. Very nice work on the coil form. I test printed your .stl file and it came out perfectly.

If you don't mind my asking which CAD application do you use?  Some time ago I attempted a similar project in FreeCAD. However, I encountered difficulties and set it aside.

73, -Lloyd (wa4efs)

-----Original Message-----
From: main@4SQRP.groups.io [mailto:main@4SQRP.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jim, N5IB
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2021 8:50 AM
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Coil forms, Q, and instruments

Hi David,

Here's the STL file, attached, and a photo.
It's such a thin tube it needs a "brim" for buildplate adhesion 

There's a tiny hole at each end to pass the wire through to secure the turns.
I plan to make another with multiple holes to accommodate different turn counts.

Jim, N5IB

Join main@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.