Re: Coil forms, Q, and instruments

Jim Sheldon

Dave,
Suggest you check again, Fusion 360 is still free for personal/non commercial use.  I have been using F360 for 3 years now, legally licensed for personal use and have not had to pay a penny for it.

Jim, W0EB

On Jul 23, 2021, at 4:37 PM, davemrtn <davemrtn@...> wrote:

FreeCad is not as intuitive as AutoDesk Fusion 360, but I am unwilling to pay their exorbitant price for hobby use.

I have been designing things with FreeCad [on and off] for several months and becoming more comfortable using, not proficient, but very comfortable.

It does have a few quirks (bugs) you will discover along the way but nothing you won't find a work around for.

It is a bargain at 2 or 3 times the price !

Wherever I go, there He is.

On 7/23/2021 1:42 PM, WA4EFS wrote:
Hello Jim. Very nice work on the coil form. I test printed your .stl file and it came out perfectly.

If you don't mind my asking which CAD application do you use?  Some time ago I attempted a similar project in FreeCAD. However, I encountered difficulties and set it aside.

73, -Lloyd (wa4efs)