Re: Legendary Bayou Jumper

Andrew Wollin

Hi Adam fine job of crafting. Looks very pro. I have a similar case made of textured aluminium but I like the leather valise look you’ve created. More period.

Thanks

Drew
VE3UIN

On Sun, Aug 1, 2021 at 6:51 PM Adam <adam.haynes1@...> wrote:
Hi Drew,

It's just the same Hobby Lobby box covered in leather recycled from an old tote bag cut down to size and fixed to the wood with upholstery glue.
I re-used the carry strap and buckles. Attached some brass corner protectors and replaced the lid latch with a stronger brass type. And also screwed to the sides of the box two carry strap anchors. They're cheap eBay or Amazon parts.
Adam VK8FEET