Re: Mobile for RV?

Bobby Drummond

For convenience and good general performance Tarheel Antennas have worked well for me in the past.  Here’s their website:  <https://www.tarheelantennas.com>

You could use “hamstick” type antennas but they are usually mono-band and would be less convenient.  They are much less expensive though and work fairly well over a decent ground plane when vertically polarized.

You could also use a dual band end fed wire antenna (various companies make them now) if you have cases where you can erect that type of antenna.

Lots of possibilities but for ease of use, overall convenience and reliability, it’s hard to go wrong with a “tarheel” type antenna for mobile operation.

73 de AK4JA

On Aug 19, 2021, at 1:23 PM, Mlike McEwen <michael.t.mcewen@...> wrote:

It looks like I am going to get on the road with our RV... What are some good "on the road" 20/40 antennas?

72/73 Doc K5OSA