Re: BIG BRUTUS IS QRV ON 40, 20 and 15

Jeff Collins

Dear Johnny,

    LOL...well there ya go.

    The idea of having an activation like that never occurred to me.

    There is a place a couple of hour away called Uranus, Missouri. They have fudge factory there that would make a good place to activate from.

    Another place I thought would be good is Plato, Missouri. It is he Mean Center of the US population wise (which is different than the geographical Center) is about 2.7 miles from there. I have not went out to see exactly where it is yet though. It is about an hour from me.

    Thanks.

    73

Thank you,

Jeffrey R. Collins - W7GRV
FCC(SW) USN, Ret.
BS, EMT-P, FF I/II
On 9/11/2021 3:30 PM, Johnny AC0BQ wrote:

Hello Jeff
That’s it!
It’s a small tourist stop our in the boonies just west of Pittsburg Ks.
It was used in the coal mining industry of the past
72
Johnny ACØBQ
On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 3:29 PM Jeff Collins <w7grv@...> wrote:

Dear All,

    Gotta ask...what is Big Brutus?

    The only thing I found online is a giant excavator in Kansas.

    73

Thank you,

Jeffrey R. Collins - W7GRV
FCC(SW) USN, Ret.
BS, EMT-P, FF I/II
On 9/11/2021 3:17 PM, John - KK4ITX via groups.io wrote:
Tried all 3 bands around 2015 UTC with no luck, will try after dinner......

John
KK4ITX

Click Here for Zephyrhills Area Amateur Radio Club
Many of life's failures are people who
did not realize how close they were to
success when they gave up.
       Thomas A. Edison

On Saturday, September 11, 2021, 12:42:29 PM EDT, Johnny AC0BQ <jomatlock@...> wrote:

Thanks Jim for listening
72
Johnny ACØBQ

On Sat, Sep 11, 2021 at 11:26 AM Jim Sheldon <w0eb@...> wrote:
Just too close to Wichita, guys, can't hear you on any of the frequencies.  Maybe on 80 if you are on there this evening.

Jim, W0EB

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com
Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

--