Re: RF Exposure Evaluation

Johnny AC0BQ

Sorry,
That should have been 13.5 feet.

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 5:47 PM Johnny AC0BQ via groups.io <jomatlock=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Thank Jim
That’s interesting.
I guess I should run one for 100 watts and another for 5, all CW.

So, if I read your chart correctly, the 100% 24/7 calculation, you would need to be 12 feet or so from your dipole, is this correct?
72
Johnny ACØBQ

On Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 3:08 PM Jim, N5IB <n5ib@...> wrote:
Had some "nothing to do" time today so decided to spend a few quality minutes performing my "due diligence" with the ARRL's RF Exposure Caculator at
http://arrl.org/rf-exposure-calculator

I ran four cases, for all bands from 160m to 6m, making the most conservative of assumptions - zero feedline loss, theoretical dipole gain of 2.14 dBi, calculating with ground reflections, and rounding all distances (for the uncontrolled environment up to the nearest tenth of a foot

Case 1:  100 W out, "brick on the IC-706 key" that is 100% Tx, 24/7
Case 2   100 W out, normal CW , that is 40% Tx  duty,  2 min Tx then 2 min Rx
Case 3:  15 W out,  "brick on the K2 key", that is 100% Tx, 24/7
Case 4:   a Bayou Jumper doing normal Secret Agent stuff

The results are shown on the attached graph.

Jim, N5IB

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com

Check out the 4SQRP website at 4sqrp.com