From: Curt via groups.io <wb8yyy@...>
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io
Sent: Wed, Sep 29, 2021 2:46 pm
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] Troubleshooting Tips for Novices

Markus

Ham Radio is a life long learning permit. Even though my boss considers me an EE, I am still with you learning.

You need a headphone that has wires that properly connect. I am thinking traditional stereo headphones or earbuds, with the plug having tip, ring, and sleeve contacts. Maybe this could be why you don't hear anything. Now I do have an audio headset, with separate headphone and microphone connects that works here. But not a fancier single integrated connector.

You should hear some static without antenna, then it should get louder when antenna is attached.

The sidetone is an extra feature that works in parallel with transmit.

Most of us will admit to troubleshooting most projects.

Curt wb8yyy