Re: long wire

Leon Pulsinelle

I used an end fed wire for a couple of months. I always got good signal reports. It did not receive as well as my windom antenna (signals were lower). Also, it seemed like every other day or at least once a week, I had to trouble shoot the antenna to get my SWR back in order. I chose the stability of the windom antenna and replaced it. Hope this is useful. 73’ Leon

On Oct 10, 2021, at 4:24 PM, Mlike McEwen <michael.t.mcewen@...> wrote:

Does anyone  have experience using a long wire antenna? I have read two accounts claiming that the right length wire and a tuner make a decent setup in extreme situations where other options are problematic.  I can see how putting one together might be a good aotion in some cases.

Is this just a pipe dream?  Thought I'd try to get group input before I try this on 40 M.

72, DOC K5OSA