Re: Bending the wire

Mlike McEwen

I didn't mention this on the previous email...I plan to use my 10/20/40 end fed.  The max straight lines in the attic is 36X24. (Unobstructed)

Doc

On Tue, Oct 19, 2021, 12:28 PM John <johnk5mo@...> wrote:
Bending a wire is ok and works fine, within limits. Make sure to keep the ends away from any part of the structure (they're the HV  section of the antenna)

John K5MO

On Tue, Oct 19, 2021 at 1:18 PM John - KK4ITX via groups.io <jleahy00=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Doc,

What are the dimensions of your space ?

What type of antenna are you planning ?

John
KK4ITX

Click Here for Zephyrhills Area Amateur Radio Club
Many of life's failures are people who
did not realize how close they were to
success when they gave up.
       Thomas A. Edison

On Tuesday, October 19, 2021, 01:14:20 PM EDT, Mlike McEwen <michael.t.mcewen@...> wrote:

I used to have a good reference site for this but have lost it and haven't found a good one on the net.

It looks like I am going to have to use my antenna in the attic. It would require bending because of the available open space length.  Can I bend the 40 M and not screw things up? If bending is OK, what are the best options?

72/72 Doc K5OSA

--
John, KK4ITX       # 1603