From: Bill Cromwell
To: 4sqrp@...
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2013 6:49 AM
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] QSL / LOTW / Logging Question

On 07/12/2013 07:22 AM, Wayne Dillon wrote:
> Hi Charlie,
> Personally, If I really want the QSL I go direct, very few will ignore
> a direct QSL request. I even got one from a guy who had to make one on
> his computer specially for me.
> 72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

Heh,

I used to do the QSL cards as a religion but now I only send cards to
people who really want one. Everything costs more by a factor bigger
than my increased income. Not a complaint - just a practical budget fact
of life. I have setup the LOTW here but I'm not using much as I mostly
have been listening with a little bit of CW rag chewing tossed in. I'm
not very interested in the canned QSOs that last two minutes or less.

Funny thing about that 'print yer own' approach. I am back building my
own new radios and now I print my own cards, too. Recently a fellow in
Sweden was working on a clean sweep for a county hunter award and after
two or three attempts on ten meters we made it. I was going to just pay
for sending him the card but just before I did his self addressed
envelope and a dollar for postage arrived with his QSL card. I don't
know if he got the remaining two counties he needs. One is within
driving range and I offered to drive over there (about 90 minutes away)
if he can't find a QSO from there. He hasn't asked so maybe now he has
his clean sweep.

73,

Bill  KU8H

<*> Your email settings: