Re: QSL / LOTW / Logging Question

Cliff Fox (KU4GW)

I had a guy email me a few years ago Charlie that needed Alexander County, NC to complete his (mobile) worked all counties in the U.S. the second time around and I was the last county he needed. The sked worked out and he sent me a nice certificate from MARC, the Mobile Amateur Radio Club. Some people have done it all! When someone in another country is a U.S. county hunter I would think so anyway!

Very 73,
Cliff - KU4GW
4SQRP#536

--- In 4sqrp@yahoogroups.com, Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@...> wrote:

On 07/12/2013 04:25 PM, Charlie , W5COV wrote:
Strange how interesting things are when we compare hamming stories . I
had a guy from Sweden , very likely the same guy , set up a schedule
with me for my county here in OK. He suggested 17 or 20 and wanted it
CW . Ended up we did not make the contact . He might try again when
conditions are better , if he can't find a mobile to come into this
county . I "think" I am the only active amateur in this county .

Charlie , W5COV
Hi Charlie,

Well there is a catch...

I am not the only active amateur in my county. I'm likely the only
amateur in my county on HF! There are a few who use some distant two
meter FM repeaters. When the repeater went out of existance after
several years of warfare most of the hams quit. They are still licensed
and you can get a list from QRZ but most of them ain't really there.
There are HF hams in surrounding counties but not all that many. Enough
for that guy in (I think) Sweden to get a QSL.

I have poked a few of the hams here to get on HF but they give me blank
stares. A real shame.

73,

Bill KU8H