Brutus and Reservations

WA0ITP

The Big Brutus Bash will take place September  Sept 14th and 15th.  We each need to make our own reservations by calling  the desk at 620-827-6177  Janet is answering the phone today and took my reservation.  I'm setting up on Friday.  Camping fees are dirt cheap, $15/nite for RVs and travel trailers, and $10/nite for tents.

Here's some info:
Cellphone coverage
Shade if needed
Perfect weather
Single day visitors welcome
10 camping spots with Electricity and lots of space for tents.
Interesting museum and open tours of Brutus
Wide open spaces for antennas and poles.
Near Pittsburg for motels, restaurants, and shopping
Directions from Pittsburg:
    South on US 60 for 3 miles
    Right on US 400 for 7 miles
    Left on KS-7 for 4 miles
    Right on KS-102 aka Scammon Rd for 5 miles
    On the West side of West Mineral turn left on NW 60 St for 1/4 mile
    As you approach West Mineral look South, you'll see it.
    Here's a map http://www.bigbrutus.org/map.html
    Bring your favorite portable sertup, or use one of ours.

This year Walter, K5EST, and I will be flying large kites to hoist monster wire antennas, come see the show, or bring your own.

Please make your reservations as early as possible to insure a space. If you don't have time to stay over night, pse feel free to come and spend a day with us in this excellent corner of Southeast Kansas.

Real radios weigh less than a pound.
I love this radio stuff !
72   WA0ITP