From: w2sh@...
To: main@4SQRP.groups.io <main@4SQRP.groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Mar 27, 2022 7:22 pm
Subject: Re: [4SQRP] OzarkCon University Program Change

Yup,

It was CONELRAD (CONtrol of ELectromagnetic RADiation).  Hams were obliged to QRT when the alert signal was broadcast on AM and FM radio. It lasted until 1963 when a different system applied.

I must contradict Don to say that we ARE at, not just near, "those old "Cold War" days.  We have in front of us in 2014 and again in 2022 Vladimir Putin's re-Stalinization of Russia, effectively a restoration of the USSR.

72,

Charles (aka Chas), W2SH