Re: May Edition of the QRP Banner

Karl Schwab

Great, great Banner for the month of May, keith!  I particularly enjoyed the article about the tower take-down.  This is why in some locals, a permit and inspection are required, before and after installation!  Owning and climbing towers is dangerous work as their condition is never exactly known.  I would have guessed that in this case that the steel plate would have been resting on a concrete pad of some sort, but maybe not.  This was a guyed heavy steel tower and the skimpy steel guys and the attachment points, were awful scary looking to me.  A good article for tower owners.  73, de Karl/KO8S

On Thu, May 5, 2022 at 7:08 PM O-B-1 via groups.io <dwmitchell61=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
Excellent. Your work is appreciated. I am saving it on my computer for future reference. The tech articles are great (I have been thinking about an audio filter between radio and external speaker, I have a hard time copying call signs at times under phone mode). This really helped me. The slinky antenna article was a good one, too. I was not aware they sent the guys to Nam with those, and shocked, after hearing they were not the best as an antenna. I have been an SWL fan for years, (but just newly licensed in the art/hobby) and had heard of the slinkies being used there.

Dave-KJ7WUZ

On Thu, May 5, 2022 at 14:10, Walter - K5EST
Awesome edition, Keith! I believe the QRP Banner is the best QRP publication in Ham Radio.

Many thanks to Keith AND the article contributors.....super job!!!

73,
Walter - K5EST - QRPcw

On Thu, May 5, 2022, 13:47 Keith Arns via groups.io <kc0pp=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
The May edition is ready for you to download.  Hope you enjoy it.
202205.pdf (4sqrp.com)

Regards,
Keith
KC0PP