Re: QRP SSB

Walter - K5EST

Dan, nice contact.....maybe I'm warped but QRP is QRP.  Glad you are carrying the torch!!

Some amazing SSB QSOs on 15 and 12 meters at 5 watts on a FT-817 just makes the QRO guys scratch their heads :-)

Best of DXing..72..Walter . K5EST

On Aug 2, 2013 7:15 PM, "Dan Reynolds" <on30ng@...> wrote:

Hey guys had another one this evening and I just had to share. Not to brag because I'm AMAZED.

I talked to Geoffrey G8OFQ/DL portable (well sort of). He's running remote from Hamburg, Germany - his rig is in the UK. But that's still almost 4300 miles. Was on 20 meters SSB. And yes he's running 400 watts to a SteppIR but it's still a contact! :-)

I know guys I should be using CW...

73
Dan -- KB9JLO