Re: QRP SSB

Jim Sheldon

Good job Dan.

It's even more fun to check into a ragchew net full of SSB KW stations on 160 meters using a K2 @ 5 watts with stations from New England on one side and New Mexico on the West end.  Embarrassed the heck out of them when the found out I was QRP and using a low hanging quarter wave inverted L antenna. The worst signal report I got was 57 and that was before I told 'em what I was running.

Did it on 20 RTTY into Poland with my KX3 and a vertical from OzarkCon too.  Lots of fun huh, Walter?

W0EB

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 2, 2013, at 8:06 PM, Walter - K5EST <walter.k5est@...> wrote:

Dan, nice contact.....maybe I'm warped but QRP is QRP.  Glad you are carrying the torch!!

Some amazing SSB QSOs on 15 and 12 meters at 5 watts on a FT-817 just makes the QRO guys scratch their heads :-)

Best of DXing..72..Walter . K5EST

On Aug 2, 2013 7:15 PM, "Dan Reynolds" <on30ng@...> wrote:

Hey guys had another one this evening and I just had to share. Not to brag because I'm AMAZED.

I talked to Geoffrey G8OFQ/DL portable (well sort of). He's running remote from Hamburg, Germany - his rig is in the UK. But that's still almost 4300 miles. Was on 20 meters SSB. And yes he's running 400 watts to a SteppIR but it's still a contact! :-)

I know guys I should be using CW...

73
Dan -- KB9JLO