Re: Portable In Iowa

* On 2013 21 Feb 10:20 -0600, Jerry Haigwood wrote:
Jim,

Continue to encourage this young lady. We have to start them
young before they discover cell phones.
Naw, mobile devices, nee cell phones, aren't the problem. The real
problem is kids being taught that there is a bogeyman behind every bush.
Naturally, they shy away from any activity that involves "talking to
strangers" as a result of such training. What one does on a mobile
device is mostly orthogonal to what is done on amateur radio, IMHO. The
only thing they compete for is time, otherwise, no competition at all.

72, de Nate >>

P.S. Barely 2" here. Drought central...