Re: Brutus bash tailgate'ers

Timothy-Allen Albertson <kd0oia@...>

I am in Iowa these days---But i recall many a day with my grandpa
and great uncles at strip pits in the Brutus area.  It was a big thrill
to see Brutus when i was a child.

72/73 TIMOTHY-ALLEN ALBERTSON
AMATEUR RADIO CALL SIGN:    KDOIA/(ex KG6IRH)
US AIR FORCE MARS CALL SIGN:    AFA7BT/T

On Sat, Aug 10, 2013 at 3:11 PM, ka0ncr <ka0ncr@...> wrote:

Hi Dale,

Well, I am not in Kansas (any more toto) ha..

I live a bit north of there.. its about a 350 mile drive down to West Mineral.. I am interested in seeing these kites, and how they work.
It should give some good hight and some directivity to the wire. I don't know much about flyin kites either, but have been told to do so many times.

I think 40 years ago was the last time that I flew a kite, I remember it was fun, but the kites I would have flown are not anything like
the ones that Terry and others are going to be working with.

If the weather is good for the weekend, I am sure that we are going
to have a good time!

73