Re: K3Y QRP Challenge Winners!

Joe Bento

On 2/22/2013 10:39 PM, kb4qqj wrote:
2nd Winner
Ric Nelson, KA3LOC
1 Watt
Prize - Flying Pigs QRP W8DIZ's Flying PigRig Kit
I saw this and wondered what the heck a Flying Pig QRP Kit was. Did a Google search and ended up on W8DIZ's page. What an amazing sounding transceiver. For $40, I had to take a gamble and order one. Now when the snows clear in Utah, I need to get serious on my antennas again. Been off the air on HF (and QRP) for far too many years. This new Flying Pig can join up with my current QRP collection consisting of an HW-9, Tuna Tin Two, and a "Fun Ceiver" from 73 Magazine years ago.

Joe, N6DGY