Re: 40 M Net

Phil Anderson

HI Johnny,

I see that we are near neighbors; you in Topeka and I in Lawrence. Funny
that I could hear all the guys below in 7:30 Net but barely heard you enough to
make contact, closest in to me; and, I was using my new NVIS antenna.
I'm guessing that an iono-sound would indicate straight up reflections from
ionosphere were not working last night and I heard you on ground wave.
I switched to the vertical and didn't hear you on that.

I'll do a search to see if there is an ionosound service, recordings for our area
anywhere on the web; would be interesting.

72, Unc Phil, , W0XI, 4S#13

Johnny wrote:

Gm:
The band was doing pretty good early but was weak for the late net.

07:30
WA0ITP TERRY
W2SH CHARLES
W0CH DAVE
KD0SZS DAN
W0XI PHIL
KD5KJ JIM
KB4Q QJ RANDY

8:00 PM NET
N9RLO JOHN
AA5CO BRUCE
WA0ITP TERRY
KV6Z BILL
K2HT

It was fun again, thanks to all that checked in, and all that tried.

Sent from my iPad