To: 4sqrp@...; daleputnam@...
From: jomatlock@...
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 18:20:36 -0600
Subject: Re: [4sqrp] RMR rpt

Thanks Dale
I will give that a try when I have have a chance to check in. Stay warm
72
Johnny

On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 5:57 PM, Dale Putnam <daleputnam@...> wrote:

Hi Johnny,
  That's what I figure.. now, the more snow the better... and make it wet and deeeeeeep.
You can send the wind somewhere else, I wouldn't mind.

 I try to ask for relays... and I have a couple of stations that do pretty well with that to...
K2HT in MO.. or KE6OIO in CA... and the best way would be to simply call a station that is loud
to you.. with.. "XXXX de AC0BQ relay pse?"
They should then break the net.. and let me know.. that they can relay.. a station in..

IF that doesn't work, wait a bit.. and try another station...
same way.

I am working to get a decent antenna in the air... and all kidding aside.. the weather isn't helping much.

I just don't want to climb, with wind chill below zero. Had my hands freeze up... at 200 ft one time.. not fun...
They were just claw like... but I couldn't move my fingers.... it was a good thing I was done... cause I was done
for that day. Didn't much like that tower after that.

I guess you could always try an email... but I  seldom have email open during the net... but I could start watching for new stuff on my phone... I guess.
 I think a new antenna here will help out a lot.

Thank you Johnny,

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

To: 4sqrp@...; daleputnam@...
From: jomatlock@...
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 17:44:39 -0600

Nice net Dale
I have a question.
Last week I could almost hear you, but qsb made it rough. Although I could hear several checkin ops. What is the proper way to ask for a relay? Is their a Q code? I wanted to relay in, but didn't know how to?

We have 6 or 8 more inches of wet snow today and big drifts.
Heck if this wx keeps up I may get some projects finished !
Tnx

On Tuesday, February 26, 2013, Dale Putnam wrote:

We had a good net today, with visibility of quarter mile in blowing and drifting snow, and a temp of 25F...

So the first check ins were welcome.. and it just got better as we went along.

K2HT, KE6OIO, KX5C, AI4VE, K)DTJ, WG0AT, R5ZZ...
with temps reporting from 63-65-35-25  and I know that last call can't be
right, so a correction is in order.

A couple of the stations were very adeptly relayed in by K2HT, and K0DTJ.. thank you.

Cu next Thurs...

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy