Another $S-QRP station is born

jimford80041 <ejim@...>

Finished up the NS-40 today. This was the last of the 3 kits I was building, including the SS-40 and Magic Box. The easiest was saved for last, but wouldn't you know, it gave me the most trouble! The other 2 kits went together with no problem, and I reported earlier just how sensitive and stable the receiver is.

I have some questions about the transmitter.

1) I get 9 watts out. Is this normal? I was expecting a
little lower. Don't want to have a short lived P.A.

2) I would like to build another NS-40, but for 7.040.
Will the board inductors support this frequency? There is nothing
to peak or align so I was wondering how critical the
circuit is.

Need to build a couple more cables and we should be on the air.

Jim - KG0PP