Re: Park activation

WB9DLC - Mike Barrell <wb9dlc@...>

Yes!  It was a lot of fun.  We found a great site at the Oubache (Wabash) State Park in NE Indiana and had perfect weather.

Terry - N9ZI operated on 15 & 17 meters with his TenTec Argonaut V and his MFJ BigStick antenna.  He worked all DX stations.

Bill - K3HZP used his IC703+ on 20 meters using a 65 ft. wire held up with a 32 ft fiberglass mast.  He had a mix of domestic and DX contacts.

I used my PFR3 and my homebrew BuddiStick ( http://www.wb9dlc.com/QRP.htm ) to operate on 40 meters.  Most contacts near 7030 and 7040.  I did CQ on 7122 a couple times with no replies.

I haven't compiled the logs yet but probably about 30 QSO's total.

We plan on doing this again at least once before winter.  Maybe we can do a weekend so that we can work some of the poor working stiffs.   :-)

73

Mike Barrell - WB9DLC
Visit http://wb9dlc.com

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Wayne Dillon <wayne.dillon@...> wrote:

Dang it all, being at work I'm missing all the fun! Hmmm, gonna have to figure a way to give up work :)
Hope you have a grand day out in the park Mike.
72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Tue, Sep 24, 2013 at 9:12 AM, WB9DLC - Mike Barrell <wb9dlc@...> wrote:

Wb9dlc, n9zi, k3hzp will be active from Oabach (Wabash) State Park in NE Indiana all QRP today.

Look for us near the watering holes.  Hope to work you starting about 15:00 UTC

73
Mike - WB9DLC
HTTP://wb9dlc.com

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.