Re: October QRP Banner is online

wb8icn@...

Walt,

great job on the Banner. Loved the article by Brian and the antenna counterpoise idea is something that I have to try!

Thanks again!

...Mikey, WB8ICN

---In 4sqrp@..., <blawson2@...> wrote:

Walter,

You da man!!!!  What a great issue of the Banner!!!  The coverage of the Brutus Bash was unbelievable.  The cover shot of Terry's, very affordable,(wasn't about to call it cheap after it's performance) kite by John NØEVH is a classic.  Having seen John's photography on his QRZ page made me aware of his talent but that picture is just, as my two year old great granddaughter would say, AMAZING!!!!!

Those of you who know Joe W0MQY would know his article on his portable psk31 unit is a perfect example of his mentoring/elmering talent, not to mention his writing and camera skills.  Joe has been helping new and well used hams for years, primarily, by his bimonthly "builder's meetings" held in his basement.  He has turned his basement into a well equipped builder's lab with the necessary test gear plus work stations to handle a group of builders!  Check out his profile picture on QRZ to get an idea of what I am talking about!  Joe and his wife Wanda are great host and hostess for the builders that come to their home to learn more about our great hobby.

Joy's photographs helped make the Brutus Bash come alive to all of those that are fortunate enough to get hold of a copy of the Banner.  Of course, word and praise of her breakfasts are well documented!

Well done, again, Walter!!!!

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp = #72, FP= #11, ARS=#568, SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819, Zombie=#500, Geritol=#1000(from back when I actually had a mic connected to my rig:-)