Re: Another $S-QRP station is born

flsaas

Slightly off this topic but-
Those "carriers" that you hear just slightly north of 7.040 are WSPR stations, they transmit for 1:55 minutes on the even minute  and then receive for X multiples of 2 minutes.  It's too bad they had to settle that close to 7.040, which is why I have gone back to 7.030.  Nothing against WSPR though, I really get into it every now and then, I'm constantly amazed that 100mw can make it into Europe and South America.  I think the WSPR community should move in my opinion further up the band.

Fred
WA8PGE
pigrig 46