Finally!

Steve Szabo

GE All!

About a year ago……I built an SS-40 Receiver, NS-40 transmitter, MagicBox……..all were assembled and tested, but never put on the air…..previously I built an EZKeyer – also tested but never used…..

My QRPmeter has been used numerous times!!!

Every time I started to think about using them, I forgot, got interrupted, or has some other “item” grab my attention.  Sooooo………finally, today I decided to string ‘em together and see if I could make a QSO……..and brother, I did!!

This afternoon, around 2137Z, I called CQ on 7.140 MHz and immediately, a big, booming W4MY returned to my call!  He gave me a 579 (he was 599 plus!) and a “solid” signal report. According to my QRPmeter, using a 12VDC battery, the NS-40 was putting out 5.8W to a 1.2:1 SWR on a wire loop antenna.  Boy oh boy, was I a happy ham!  Thanks Marty, W4MY!

All of the items worked flawlessly………so now to fine the time to put them into an enclosure as a “transceiver”.  Works so well, I’m just gonna’ hafta’ take ‘em out in the field!!!

Next up…..my Cyclone 40, I hope on the air very soon !!!!

I uploaded photos of my “messy rig” at the operating position, the power out, and a copy of the “special” QSL card I send out on these auspicious occasions!!  (at least when there is not sparks, smoke, or deathly silence emanating from the radio stuff!)

72 to all……….

Steve Szabo WB4OMM

5BWAC DXCC 5BWAS

ARRL Life Member, DXCC/WAS/VUCC Card Checker, Official Observer

EmComm Mentor, Volunteer Examiner & License Instructor

QCWA Life Member : 4SQRP #150 : OMISS #6900 : 10-10# 42514 : NAQCC #5913 : SKCC# 8793 : FPQRP #3091