QRPometer mod

Tom Sevart

I just recently built my QRPometer bought at Ozarkcon (shows how slow I am to get around to building things) and put it together in a couple of nights. Nice little kit but the thing I didn't like was having the solder contacts on the bottom board exposed. The connections across the battery terminals are also exposed, so if you accidentally lay your QRPometer across a screwdriver or some other metal tool, you run the risk of shorting it out. Plus I don't like the idea of getting all that lead solder on my hands while using or carrying the QRPometer.

So I bought a cheap, thin black plastic folder at Wally World to match the black PC board, set the QRPometer on top of it, and then cut out a piece with a box cutter to fit the back of the meter. I then cut four tiny X's for the screws, then put the thin piece of plastic on the back and secured it with the four nuts. I then attached the four rubber feet that came with the kit to the plastic. Now I don't have to worry about laying my QRPometer on something metal and shorting anything out or having to wash the lead off my hands after using it.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
St. Paul, KS