Re: 7122 and QRM

Jim Sheldon

Hi Terry,
Many South American countries can operate ANY mode anywhere in the 40 meter band as well as all the other bands.  There is occasionally a bunch of Spanish speaking stations running SSB right on the bottom end, around 7.005 or so.  It's legal in their countries, so we can't really stop it.  Same goes for 7.100-up and Northern hemisphere QRP CW operation doesn't cause them any grief so they won't ever move.  It's been this way for years but we only notice it near the peak of a sunspot cycle when propagation on 40 is really good over the long haul.

Jim - W0EB