Re: 7122 and QRM

Jim Kortge

On 10/9/2013 9:17 AM, WA0ITP wrote:
Just curious,

At one time I thought that the voices that we heard on 7122 were Canadian hams
using SSB. But after looking at their band plan (below), I'm not so sure. It
looks like we should be sharing CW with them.

Anyone tuned them in or have any ideas as to what we may be hearing?

Canada
40 Metre Band - Maximum bandwidth 6 kHz
7.000 - 7.035 MHz - CW

7.035 - 7.050 MHz - Digital Modes

7.040 - 7.050 MHz - International packet

7.050 - 7.100 MHz - SSB

7.100 - 7.120 MHz - Packet within Region 2

7.120 - 7.150 MHz - CW

7.150 - 7.300 MHz - SSB and other wide band modes
I've heard SSB too and assumed it was Canadians to the North. But, I couldn't understand them as they are on the wrong sideband for my SS-40 rig up there, so don't know for sure.

72,

Jim, K8IQY