Re: 7122 and QRM

Dale Putnam

Makes a good indicator of the band open to.......a Spanish speaking country.
I like to turn my 40 meter ....... vertical that way to search the band for new ones.
(new Spanish speaking countries.... to me)

Ain't this fun?

Have a great day,

--... ...-- Dale - WC7S in Wy

There is occasionally a bunch of Spanish speaking stations running SSB right on the bottom end, around 7.005 or so.  It's legal in their countries, so we can't really stop it.  Same goes for 7.100-up and Northern hemisphere QRP CW operation doesn't cause them any grief so they won't ever move.  It's been this way for years but we only notice it near the peak of a sunspot cycle when propagation on 40 is really good over the long haul.

Jim - W0EB