Re: keying circuit

n0jrn <n0jrn@...>

Thanks Nate:

BUT, I have all the isolation I need inside the electronic
keyer. I just want to switch it's output to multiple rigs
and not sure if I need anything to protect from RF etc.

I'm looking into this for a friend and he wants to use his
keyer on 4 seperate rigs without plugging and unplugging.

I don't see much of a problem with just switching the output
of the keyer.

Just curious if I need to protect the circuit in some fashion.

73 Jerry

----- "Nate Bargmann" <n0nb@n0nb.us> wrote:

* On 2013 14 Oct 21:26 -0500, n0jrn wrote:
Gang:

IF you have an electronic keyer and you want to use
it with multiple rigs without plugging and unplugging
all the time, what circuit would you use to switch
between rigs.

Electronic keyer would go to the switch and switch
to multiple outputs.

Doesn't seem like it would take much more than the
switch but would you use diodes on the outputs,
capacitors on the grounds ??
Seems like the ideal application for optocouplers. Bias one for
positive keying and the other for negative keying (TS-520, TS-830,
etc.). Use as many as needed for multiple rig outputs. Isolation
between rigs and between the tigs and keyer.

72, de Nate >>