Re: Regenerative receiver thoughts

Paul Smith

I have read a bunch about the WBR receiver and I like the looks of the Desert Rat that NA5N did. I think regens were and probably still are a 3 handed radio to operate....
There are several designs out there...
de Paul N0NBD

Sent from my iPad

On Oct 16, 2013, at 10:41 PM, Shawn Reed <neivahul@...> wrote:

On 10/16/2013 7:09 PM, Johnny Matlock wrote:

Sounds interesting to me Paul.

Anyone one else in the group interested?
Johnny AC0BQ

On Wednesday, October 16, 2013, Paul Smith wrote:

Is there anyone out there beside me that would like to build a regen receiver ? I know there are a couple kits available. I built the ten tec kit with some success. I am NO good at manhattan work but would like to do a regen kit with a couple bands. Is there any interest or is it me and a couple other guys.
What say you?

de Paul N0NBD

Sent from my iPad

--
QRP....."more smiles per watt"

   It would be a fun amount of learning for me. Nothing too official--to help keep the cost down. I just came across one project that covers the freq. range of 3.5Mhz, to 12Mhz. It uses a "Far Circuits"
   board. What kit(s) did you have in mind? I wonder what limitations have been over come with time and practice.  shawnr kf7yff