Re: Regenerative receiver thoughts

Wayne Dillon

I was reading the tale of a ham in the late 20's (I think) who traveled from Florida to the Rockies and was operating a Regen Receiver. The tale is in Ade Weiss's book "A history of QRP" under the title "The Pacos River" neat tale and real interesting that he was using "separates". As I said the Regen receiver and a simple transmitter.
Now somewhere I got some circuits for Regen receivers hmmm, gonna have to dig and see what I can come up with. This is a real interesting thread.
As an aside, in the UK in the 60's and 70's Regen receivers were almost banned by the Ministry of Posts and Telecommunications because they said that the radiation from the antenna of such a receiver was detrimental to reception of the broadcast stations of the day. They were never actually banned but if interference was reported and a local ham happened to have a Regen set then that got the blame automatically.
Lets keep this going and it'll be interesting to see where it leads.
72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 7:41 AM, GB Hoyt <qrprat77@...> wrote:

I'm down, have parts gathered for something I saw in the W1FB design notebook. uses a 2n4416 for regen, and a 386n for audio amp. pretty low parts count. needs a variable cap though. I've got something laying around I can use, fortunately.

I really want to build something with tubes, but I'm working on a single tube MOPA right now.
GB Hoyt
KG4GVL
Lakeland, FL

--
http://www.qsl.net/kc0pmh/   Under construction but please visit anyway.

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER. 

I'm British by birth but American by CHOICE!

Jesus came to pay a debt He didn't owe because we owe a debt we cannot pay...

The Lord bless you and keep you
The Lord make His face shine upon you, and be gracious unto you
The Lord lift up his contenance upon you and give you peace.

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH

Joshua 24:14-15
2 Cor 5:17
1 Jn 2:17

4 State QRP Group NCS - 40m & 160m
4SQRP #95
FPQRP #342 (Flying Pigs QRP Club)
G-QRP-C #11504
NAQCC # 0759
QRP-ARCI #11505
SKCC #1155C
SOC #848
30MDG#1176
NEQRP #693
GORC #192

Join main@4SQRP.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.