Re: Boatanchor ID help

Jim Lowman

None of you should feel bad. We heard Pat speak about his collection of radios at Pacificon last year.

Check this out:

http://www.wa6mhz.org/PIX_of_the_Museum.php

72/73 de Jim - AD6CW

On 11/1/2013 4:55 AM, Bart Lawson wrote:
Tom et. al.,

The sad thing about these beautiful works of American labor was that back in the 80s and 90s a person could have filled their home with these radios. I spotted two sitting in a man's garage and found out I could have them for the price of loading them in my pickup. He didn't want to throw them in the dump. I hate to think of what happened to them but I knew what would happen if I showed up with them:-) We lived in a very small house and I had already turned one bedroom into a radio, computer, workbench play room. I was pretty sure that showing up with two console radios would be pushing my luck even with a very forgiving wife.

cu es 72, Bart W0IIT
Pittsburg, KS
4Sqrp = #72, FP= #11, ARS=#568, SKCC=1139, NAQCC=#588 FIST=#5819, Zombie=#500, Geratol=#1000