Re: homebrew antenna analyzer

Jim Beard

heres one that is a SWR sweeper for an Ardjuino

hope that helps - it’s in th eARRL Arduino & Picaxe book by Leigh L Klotz Jr WA5ZNU

Jim Beard
jfbeard@...
AE5ZZ

On Nov 19, 2013, at 2:11 PM, james crooke <crooke@...> wrote:

Greetings software gurus,

I would like to have an antenna analyzer but am too cheap at this time to
buy one like the Rigexpert ones or the Youkit one. I was wondering if it
is possible to homebrew one using the Arduino or Beaglebone type
microcomputers. I see where they can detect SWR but I would like a sweep
function that would graph an entire band. I really haven't played with
programming since I was in junior high in the 60's using a dumb terminal
hooked up to Stanford's mainframe learning a bit of Basic. I understand
it has advanced a bit since then.
Anyone make something usable? Cheaply?

73, Jim K0ESE