Re: RTTY in days of old

Wayne Dillon

Hi Jim,
Yeah I was one of those folk, many years ago I had a Creed 7B with an interface designed and built by an old instructor of mine Stuart Dodson - G3PPD. I gota tell ya that machine darn near caused a divorce! I picked it up at the Sandown Park Ham Radio convention (United Kingdom), the guy says, "buddy if you can get it shifted you can have it!" I was there with a chum of mine who had a minivan so yeah, I shifted it. I was a lotta fun (and a lotta noise) but grand times.
72/3 es God Bless de Wayne - KC0PMH

On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 5:33 PM, Jim Sheldon <w0eb@...> wrote:

Hi Guys,
Anyone on here that used to run RTTY back in the Machine days or early computer days?  I have a friend that's looking for an old HAL ST-6000 Terminal Unit in working or mostly working order.  (We can troubleshoot it & fix it if we can find one with the books intact).

Also, I've been scrounging stuff and have come up with a HAL CT-2100 with the optional KB-2100 keyboard that wasn't working -- one 25K PC mount pot and some solder joint touch up and it's playing just fine.

Was in our local Radio Shack/Ham Store yesterday and the owner talked me into buying a HAL DKB-2010 CW/RTTY Keyboard for 10 bucks.  He said he had no idea whether or not it worked, and with only minor cleanup it runs just fine as well.  Good find for 10 bucks for sure.

It does have a few "bouncy" key switches on the keyboard.  They are Stackpole computer keyboard switches and I'm looking for an old mechanical computer terminal keyboard with those type switches if anyone happens to have one laying around they don't want anymore.

Jim Sheldon - W0EB

QRP -  EFFICIENCY AND SKILL, NOT POWER.

The Lord bless you and keep you

God Bless from Wayne Dillon - KC0PMH