Re: QRPspots Android App

Johnny AC0BQ

On Friday, March 1, 2013, wrote:

OK, I'll bite and show my modern device ignorance. ;-)

Terry if you see this first you can disregard my direct email. I'm going to go ahead and embarrass myself. This is basically a copy of an offlist email I sent Terry.

What the difference in the new QRPSPOTS app and just doing it direct from my android cell phone? I've been accessing QRPSPOTS from my android cell phone (Samsung Galaxy II 4g) for over a year now.  While I know a little bit about antennas and radios, I'm not a computer/cell phone/android person. It is a cool app and it may be that all android devices can't access that page like the Galaxy does?
It might be a simple or basic question but I am just curious to know the difference.

I just did a very quick and simple test post using my cell direct first and then via the new app and don't see any operational or speed differences.

Cheerfully awaiting the most obvious and embarrassing answer,

Randy_KB4QQJ

In a message dated 3/1/2013 8:57:39 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, jomatlock@... writes:

That's neat!

Thanks Dave, ok now who is working on the iPhone version ?
Thanks 72
Johnny AC0BQ

On Friday, March 1, 2013, WA0ITP wrote:

Our own David Cripe has created a QRPspots app for the Android operating system.
Now QRPspots can be accessed from any of your Android devices, how cool is that?

Download your free copy here http://www.appsgeyser.com/getwidget/QRPSPOTS/
pull it up on your Smartphone, and make a post to try it out.

Thank you Dave.
I love this radio stuff !
72 WAØITP
www.qrpspots.com